Offering Homage to Kuchipudi Guru Vempati Ravi Shankar- January 2018 - Kuchipudi Dance Academy

Kalaratna Guru Sri Vempati Ravi Shankar
1969-2018


Homage From - Lakshmi Babu
Disciple of Padmasri Guru Dr. Sobha Naidu and Vempati Ravishankar. 
Director of Kuchipudi Dance Academy founded 1996

I was a stranger; a far of one
Compared to everyone else you knew
Yet you offered me respect and friendship
Far more than anyone else I knew

Along with dance you taught stories of yore,
Which brought the rasas of lore
Often forgot to dance to your divine voice
While being lost in a world of vice

Even wondered why me among so many,
Oh where is everyone else that knew you before me
Well I am not a stranger any more
But a friend, a very dear one!

And I know there will be more after me...,

During my 6 years of learning under the guidance of Kalaratna Guru Vempati Ravishankar he taught me Kuchipudi items; both his father's and his. Also gave me several corrections and guidance.


Choreographed particularly for me - Ramadasu Keertana
'Rama Chandrulu na pai chalamuchesinaru Sitamma cheppavamma'


Kala Ratna Vempati Ravi Shankar is the second son of Kuchipudi Maestro Padma Bhushan Dr Vempati Chinna Satyam.

   PriyaLasya, (C), Do Not Copy, Copyrights Acknowledged, Worldwide Indian Classical Dance Initiative

1 comment:

  1. Hats off to u r dedication Lakshmi babu garu and awesome work priya garu

    ReplyDelete